Weekend Attendant/Counselling Assistant/Eagles Nest Recovery House Full Time Position
“Screening Process In Place”
Hours of Employment: 24 hours a week!
Salary: Based on Qualifications
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Director/Counsellor of Eagles Nest Recovery House; The Night Attendant Counselling Assistant, working 8 hour shifts, will be responsible for building security; will be required to summon outside emergency service as required; will be responsible for the performance of routine building maintenance; will be expected to partake in designated training courses; will be required to enforce the Centre’s expectations and will, as required provide internal counselling services and/or circle checks.
Have a counselling certificate with related work experience or a combination of training and education of at least 3 years; minimum of grade 12.
- Must be a certified addictions counsellor OR be certifiable with CACCF/CCPC.
- Maintain a strong Mi’kmaq Cultural and/or language skill and have substantial experience working in a First Nations community environment.
- Must maintain accurate records.
- Apply a solid knowledge and understanding of the psycho-social impacts of current alcohol and drugs commonly available and used, including prescription and non-prescription; and maintain a solid knowledge and understanding of current substance use and abuse trends.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication skills, and effective listening skills.
- Must have ability to work as a team in a residential treatment setting environment.
- Must have substantial understanding of addiction and recovery including emerging trends.
- Must show evidence of a healthy lifestyle; actively maintaining, practicing abstinence from alcohol and drugs.
- Must be able to effectively handle emergency crisis situation.
- Must have access to reliable transportation and possess a valid driver’s license.
The selection committee may exercise discretionary judgement in waiving academic requirements in lieu of combined experience and training relating to the position.
In accordance with the Human Rights Exemption, preference will be given to registered status Indians as defined in the Indian Act.
Resumes & Applications of employment will be accepted until closing time (12 noon)
“Child Abuse Registry & Police Check is ‘MANDATORY with Vulnerable Sector’”
*Screening process taking place and only those who meet the qualifications will be interviewed *
DEADLINE: POSTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
Please Submit Applications along with Resume and two (2) letters of reference to:
Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselling Assn. of NS
Attn: Ramona Gould – Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Eskasoni, Cape Breton, NS B1W 1H6
Fax# (902) 379-2412