Community Addiction Counsellor
Eskasoni First Nation – Full Time Worker
“Screening Process In Place”
“Child Abuse Registry & Police Check is ‘Mandatory’”
Salary: Based on NADACA Wage Scale and Qualifications
Under the general direction of the Manager of Community Addiction Services (Mainland/Cape Breton) will be responsible for the following duties: initial client contract, documentation and referral; maintaining ongoing contact with client through the treatment and rehabilitation process; will perform regular follow-up on client after treatment; will function as a member of the community health team, responding as necessary in drug emergencies; will participate on relevant community committees and will represent the Association through speaking engagements, seminars, and workshops; will establish working relationships with area resource agencies; will coordinate youth programs; will participate in all offered training and educational improvement courses; will maintain client files and assist as required in the analysis and review of statistical data; will, in conjunction with other community groups and agencies, provide special assistance to recovering alcoholics in their efforts to re-adjust to a substance-free life style.
- Must have attained at least the equivalent of Grade 12, plus at least one (1) year of relevant post-secondary training/education or has worked extensively in the addictions field.
- Must have attained at least four (4) continuous years of complete sobriety.
- Must be able to obtain certification from an affiliated professional body in addictions.
- Will be strongly motivated and have a working knowledge of alcohol and drug abuse education and prevention.
- Must have reliable transportation & a valid driver’s license. Must be free to travel.
- Will be proficient in both oral and written communication skills; will possess strong interpersonal and communication skills & Computer Skills.
- Ability to speak and understand the Mi’kmaq language and culture will be an asset.
- Must have 2 personnel References
In accordance with the Human Rights Exemption, preference will be given to registered status Indians as defined in the Indian Act. Screening of applicants in effect which includes Police back ground checks.
Resumes & Applications of Employment will be accepted until closing time (4:00 p.m.)
Deadline: Friday, September 16, 2016
Mail/Fax or email to: Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselling Association
Attn: Ramona Gould, Office Manager
PO Box 7820, Eskasoni, Cape Breton, NS B1W 1B4
FAX#: (902) 379-2412
*****Only those who meet the qualifications will be notified*****