Employment Opportunity: Permanent Program Counselling Assistant/Weekend Attendant Eagles Nest Recovery House-Indian Brook First Nation
“Screening Process In Place”
Salary: Based on NADACA wage Scale & Qualifications
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Director/Counsellor of Eagles Nest Recovery House; The Program Counselling Assistant, working two twelve (12) hour shifts on weekends, will be responsible for building security; will be required to summon outside emergency service as required; will be responsible for the performance of routine building maintenance; will be expected to partake in designated training courses; will be required to enforce the Centre’s expectations and will, as required provide internal counselling services and/or circle checks.
- Minimum grade 12..or a combination of education and training
- Must be a certified addictions counsellor or be certifiable with CACCF or CCPC.
- Maintain a strong Mi’kmaq Cultural and/or language skill and have substantial experience working in a First Nations community environment.
- Must maintain accurate records.
- Apply a solid knowledge and understanding of the psycho-social impacts of current alcohol and drugs commonly available and used, including prescription and non-prescription; and maintain a solid knowledge and understanding of current substance use and abuse trends.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication skills, and effective listening skills.
- Must have ability to work as a team in a residential treatment setting environment.
- Must have substantial understanding of addiction and recovery including emerging trends.
- Must be able to effectively handle emergency crisis situations.
- Must have an access to reliable transportation and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have 2 professional references.
- Must show evidence of a Healthy Life Style; and be actively maintaining, practicing abstinence of drugs and alcohol.
In accordance with the Human Rights Exemption, preference will be given to registered status Indians as defined in the Indian Act. Screening of applicants in effect which includes Police back ground checks.
There will be other duties that you may have to do…. If you have any questions, please email Ramona Gould at email@example.com or call at (902) 379-2267
Resumes & Applications of employment will be accepted until closing time (4:00 pm)
*ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED*
DEADLINE: Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 12 noon
Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselling Assn. of NS
Please Submit Applications along with Resume and two letters of reference to:
Attn: Ramona Gould – Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Eskasoni, Cape Breton, NS B1W 1H6
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax# (902) 379-2412
*Please state which job position you are applying for*
“Child Abuse Registry & Police Check is ‘MANDATORY’ with Vulnerable Sector’”