Employment Opportunity – Online Treatment Counsellor 14 month – Term Position with possibility of extension or becoming Permanent
“Screening Process In Place”
“Child Abuse Registry & Police Check is ‘MANDATORY with Vulnerable Sector”
Salary: Based on Qualifications
The Online Treatment Counsellor (OTC) will in general terms, be responsible for individual and group counselling in a virtual setting as well as community based in person; facilitation of meetings and programs; assessment of referrals from other resources and agencies; orientation of new resources; make arrangements with outreach counsellors for follow-up and after-care services; responsible for the conduct of daily virtual online workshops. Responsible for entry of client database aftercare and online treatment programming. Providing communities increased access to all virtual programming offered by NADACA accessible by phone, iPad, or computer. Support for the Prevention
- MUST have an Undergraduate degree or BSW preferred.
- Be a certified addictions worker or able to work towards obtaining certification in the field of addictions.
- Experience in the Field of Counselling.
- Experience working with groups providing aftercare projects. ie. cultural
- Experience working in the First Nations Community.
- MUST have proficient computer skills, working knowledge Microsoft office and Google Docs & Classroom, and an aptitude for online programming. Data entry to a client data base (AMIS).
- Understanding of Accreditation and ability to keep records up to date.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, and effective listening skills.
- An ability to work as a team member in a residential treatment setting environment.
- Must have solid understanding of addiction and recovery including emerging trends.
- Must be able to effectively handle emergency crisis situations.
- Show evidence of a healthy life style; and be actively maintaining, practicing complete abstinence of drugs and alcohol.
- Possess a valid driver’s license – be willing to travel
In accordance with the Human Rights Exemption, preference will be given to registered status Indians as defined in the Indian Act. Screening of applicants in effect which includes Police back ground checks with vulnerable sector.
If you have any questions, please email Ramona Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (902) 379-2267
Resumes & Applications of employment will be accepted until closing time (12 noon) (Must include – Police Check / Vulnerable Sector Check.
*Screening process taking place and only those who meet the qualifications will be interviewed *
DEADLINE: EXTENDED January 27, 2022 at 12 noon
Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselling Assn. of NS
Please Submit Applications along with Resume and two letters of reference to:
Fax# (902) 379-2412
Attn: Ramona Gould – Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
70 Gabriel Street, Eskasoni, Cape Breton, NS B1W 1H6
*Please state which job position you are applying for*