Employment Opportunity: Mi’Kmaw Lodge Treatment Counsellor Permanent Full Time Position
“Screening Process In Place”
“Child Abuse Registry & Police Check is ‘MANDATORY’”
Salary: Based on Qualifications
Assist in the delivery of Treatment Centre programs; conduct treatment sessions, lectures and special presentations; responsible along with the intake team for the assessment of referrals to the centre, client indoctrinations, case conferencing, evaluation and referrals; preparing monthly reports, provide aftercare recreational activities for clients, up keep of client data base. ie. This position is on a rotating shift basis.
- MUST have an Undergraduate degree or diploma in recognized health field.
- Be a certified addictions worker or able to work towards obtaining certification in the field of addictions.
- Experience in the Field of Counselling.
- Experience working with groups providing aftercare projects. ie. crafts
- Experience working in the First Nations Community.
- Possess suitable computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft office and Google Docs & Classroom, and an aptitude for online programming. Data entry to a client data base (AMIS).
- Understanding of Accreditation.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, and effective listening skills.
- An ability to work as a team member in a residential treatment setting environment.
- Must have solid understanding of addiction and recovery including emerging trends.
- Must be able to effectively handle emergency crisis situations.
- Show evidence of a healthy life style; and be actively maintaining, practicing complete abstinence of drugs and alcohol.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
In accordance with the Human Rights Exemption, preference will be given to registered status Indians as defined in the Indian Act. Screening of applicants in effect which includes Police back ground checks with vulnerable sector.
If you have any questions, please email Ramona Gould at email@example.com or call at (902) 379-2267
Resumes & Applications of employment will be accepted until closing time (12 noon) (Must include – Police Check / Vulnerable Sector Check.
*Screening process taking place and only those who meet the qualifications will be interviewed *
DEADLINE: EXTENDED January 27, 2022 at 12 noon
Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselling Assn. of NS
Please Submit Applications along with Resume and two letters of reference to:
Fax# (902) 379-2412
Attn: Ramona Gould – Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
70 Gabriel Street, Eskasoni, Cape Breton, NS B1W 1H6
*Please state which job position you are applying for*