Employment Opportunity: Eagles Nest Recovery House- Sipekne’katik Receptionist – Full time Permanent
“Screening Process In Place”
“Child Abuse Registry & Police Check is ‘MANDATORY’”
Salary: Based on NADACA wage Scale & Qualifications
Working under the direction of the Clinical Director/Counsellor the receptionist will be responsible for greeting the public and residents of the Eagle’s Nest Recovery House. Answering and directing telephone calls. Clerical duties will include office maintenance, monitoring staff reports, maintaining staff attendance records, maintaining purchase order system, drafting correspondence, maintaining treatment files; handing incoming and outgoing mail, and preparing reports.
QUALIFICATIONS – Minimum entrance qualifications for the position.
- Must have completed Grade 12 or G.E.D. equivalent, and have at least one-year experience.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to provide and relate basic information to residents and public, in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to operate multi line phone system. Pleasant phone voice definitely an asset.
- Must have strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Must have ability to construct business letters and receive and answer e-mail inquiries.
- Must have basic knowledge of filing system and ability to maintain AMIS system.
- Must have basic knowledge of general office equipment, photocopier and a fax machine.
- Ability to produce reports from provided information and work within specified time lines.
- Ability to manage purchase order system, maintain inventory of supplies and reorder when needed.
- Must have strong decision making, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have a strong desire to work in the addictions field.
- Will be required to participate in ongoing training program, related to position.
- Must show evidence of actively practicing or maintaining a sober lifestyle.
The selection committee may exercise discretionary judgement in waiving academic requirements in lieu of combined experience and training relating to the positon.
In accordance with the Human Rights Exemption, preference will be given to registered status Indians as defined in the Indian Act. Screening of applicants in effect which includes Police back ground checks.
If you have any questions, please email Ramona Gould at email@example.com or call at (902) 379-2267
Resumes & Applications of employment will be accepted until closing time (4:00 pm)
*ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED*
DEADLINE: Thursday, January 27, 2022 at 12 noon
Please Submit Applications along with Resume and two letters of reference to:
Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselling Assn. of NS
Attn: Ramona Gould – Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
70 Gabriel Street, Eskasoni, Cape Breton, NS B1W 1H6
*Please state which job position you are applying for*