Employment Opportunity: Eagle’s Nest Recovery House – Clinical Director/Counsellor
“Screening Process In Place”
“Child Abuse Registry & Police Check is ‘MANDATORY’”
Salary: Based on Qualifications
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Clinical Director/Counsellor (EN-CD) will be responsible for the planning, implementation and over all operation of the Eagle’s Nest Recovery House Treatment Center. Such duties will encompass management and administrative control over the day to day operations of the centre, staff supervision, training, discipline and evaluations; initiating personnel action; maintains duty roster, staff assignments and scheduling; implements and coordinates all treatment centre programs; conducts lectures and special presentations; responsible along with the intake team for the assessment of referrals to the centre, case conferencing, evaluation and referrals. Must ensure completion of all reporting and have a full working knowledge of accreditation and policies and procedures.
- Minimum Undergraduate degree, preference will be given to those with a BSW
- Must have experience with direct Supervision of Staff
- Must have minimum 5 years work experience in the Field of Counselling and Addictions.
- Must have experience working in a First Nations Community Environment.
- Possess computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft office and Google Docs & Classroom, and an aptitude for online programming.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Accreditation and the Accreditation Process
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, and effective listening skills.
- Ability to work as a team leader in a residential treatment setting environment.
- An understanding of addiction and recovery including emerging trends.
- Able to effectively handle emergency crisis situations.
- Show evidence of a healthy life style; and be actively maintaining, practicing abstinence of drugs and alcohol.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
In accordance with the Human Rights Exemption, preference will be given to registered status Indians as defined in the Indian Act. Screening of applicants in effect which includes Police back ground checks with vulnerable sector.
If you have any questions, please email Ramona Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at (902) 379-2267
Resumes & Applications of employment will be accepted until closing time (12 noon)
*ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED*
DEADLINE: Thursday January 27, 2022 at 12 noon
Native Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counselling Assn. of NS
Please Submit Applications along with Resume and two letters of reference to:
Fax# (902) 379-2412
Attn: Ramona Gould – Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
70 Gabriel Street, Eskasoni, Cape Breton, NS B1W 1H6
*Please state which job position you are applying for*